While most people tend to think about booking a summer wedding, choosing an out of season wedding in winter can have lots of advantages including the following.
- more availability for venues during the low season.
- potential of getting a venue and other services cheaper because they are in less demand.
- the possibility of tying your wedding in with a special date such as an anniversary or midwinter celebration.
Ideas for Winter Wedding Dresses
Another benefit of an out of season wedding is that it gives you a great opportunity to do something different with your outfit and pick a fabulous winter wedding dress. Here are some ideas for your perfect winter wedding gown:
- Choose a long sleeved dress – most wedding dresses these days are strapless or have only thin straps, but a cooler wedding allows you to play with sleeves, such as delicate lace sleeves or cap sleeves in the same material as your dress.
- Go for colour – having a winter wedding can be a great excuse to thing differently and opt for colour rather than a more traditional white wedding dress. Pick a rich seasonal colour such as red or green, or add some glitz with glitter or gold or silver accents.
- Think about materials – winter could be a chance to try something different with a heavier material like velvet.
- Accessorise wisely – as the weather might not be as reliable out of season, you need to think carefully about accessories for your winter wedding dress. Perhaps opt for boots rather than shoes, or think about adding a wrap, gloves or hand muffler so you can keep warm during photos but take off layers at an indoor reception.
Whatever you decide for your winter wedding dress, it is important to still enlist the help of a professional fitter. They can ensure your dress fits in all the right places and that you are choosing a style that flatters your body shape.